Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sun July 22, 2007 - Day 30

Greetings from the trail,

Today's hike was a pleasant change from the past week or so. I walked along the Pend d'Orielle Reservoir along a relatively unused dirt road. The views over the reservoir were excellent. Unfortunately, the heat was catching up with me by the end of the day.

I camped at the Buckley Campground run for free by BC Hydro. It's got great access to the reservoir for swimming, but not a lot of shade. I found enough to make do with, however.

I also met an interesting, and very drunk guy who claimed to be on leave from the army. He was quite a charmer to those camping around me, but had a personality that quickly put me off. It made for some amusement for a while 'til he argued with his friend over the keys to drive home.

I'm afraid I've left myself a considerable hike to Trail, which I plan to reach tomorrow. I'm supposed to meet some old family friends - Wayne and Pam Lyttle. They have offered to feed me and to put a roof over my head for a night. Who am I to turn down such an offer after a full month out here on the trail?

The other good thing about getting to Trail is that I should be able to buy a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ever since watching the Order of the Phoenix in Creston, I've been eager to read the final book.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: