Monday, August 6, 2007

Thu August 2, 2007 - Day 41

Greetings from the trail,

Today's trip had me following a little more road than I would have liked and facing a little more sun and heat than I would have liked, but was otherwise quite ordinary.

One interesting spot was nearing the end of my hike when I came across a privately owned free rest stop. The gentleman who owns the place is 85 years old and loves to meet the people passing through on the trail. He brought down fresh ice water to drink and chatted with me for a while about my trip and what was ahead in the days to come. It was a great place to stop, I wish there were more like it along the way.

By the end of the day I was really hurting, but the last few kilometers featured some impressive canyon areas and white water. I'm camping on the side of the river. It's a nice little spot, but the sand is getting into everything.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: