Sunday, July 8, 2007

Day Three

Monday June 25, 2007

Greetings from the trail,

I decided to rest yesterday, rather than add a journal entry. The day went as expected. I hiked 17kms to the Weary Creek campsite. I was surprised how little wildlife I've seen. Yesterday I saw two deer and a moose. Today was a little more lively. I saw several elk and a bear. Luckily, he ran off in the opposite direction as soon as I made some noise.

Today I got the first rain of my trip. It was light and tolerable. If this is the worst I see I'll be both surprised and thankful.

Today's trip brought me about 17 kms down the trail before jaunting 1-2 kms to the west to the Forsythe Creek campsite. That name amused me as it made me think of the character Jughead from Archie comics. This is a great site, in such a scenic spot. I also made my first "real " fire of my trip here, as the fire ring was calling to me.

I expect to camp north of Elkford tomorrow and make it through town on Wednesday.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: