Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sun. July 15, 2007 - Day 23

Greetings from the trail,

It's hard to say exactly how far I made it today. I'd put it at least at 25 kms, but other than time on the road, I've seen very few landmarks or signs to indicate distance.

I'm staying at the Rider's Ranch biker campground. I figure "biker" and "hiker" aren't too far apart. So far I'm the only one here anyway.

The owner is a nice guy. He pointed out the local cafe and a decent swimming hole nearby. I'd have found the cafe anyway, but it has great food at reasonable prices. If you're ever in Kitchener, BC, check out the Home Style Cafe.

I would not however, have found the swimming hole just down the road. A small, little sandy spot in the local creek that was great for cooling down in the afternoon sun.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: