Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fri. July 13, 2007 - Day 21

Greetings from the trail,

I HATE roadside barriers and narrow bridges! Most of the day went as expected today. I travelled alongside the highway and saw many great views over Moyie Lake. The problem is when there's a small wall beside the road. The road narrows and I become a prime target in "squish the hiker against the wall." So far I'm winning, but not entirely pleased.

The worst of the day was a narrow bridge over the river. I waited for all visible traffic to clear, but several cars still passed me about half way across. Nowhere to run and hide, but do the cars slow down? No. Argh!

Anyhow, I made it about 24 kms in the heat of the day. It's getting late and it's still a scorcher out there.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: