Friday, July 13, 2007

Sunday July 1, 2007 Day 9 Canada Day

Greetings from the trail,

It's been a pretty lousy couple of days. On Friday evening, what had been a hot afternoon suddenly collided with a massive cold front to create a massive wind and rain storm. The rain didn't bother me, but the wind whipped my tent around like it was tissue paper. Other than the pegs and myself inside to hold down the fort (so to speak), the tent is virtually all surface area. Needless to say, I had myself an exciting time.

After that passed I tried to shower, but the showers were small and tricky to control. Not quite the same effect as the previous night.

The next morning I woke up again feeling less well. I set out for Fernie, about 10 kms away and made it there without too much trouble. I checked in at a very nice and reasonably priced hostel.. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm room, but was the only one there. That was probably a good thing as i grew sicker and sicker as the day progressed. Last night I woke up nearly every hour to visit the washroom. It was not a pleasant ordeal. This morning I paid to stay an extra day and slept until around noon. This unfortunately , involved several more undesirable side trips down the hall. When I woke up I was starting to feel a bit better, so I went to the store near by and got some things to take care of myself. I'm now waiting around here 'till dusk when I'll hopefully go check out the fireworks.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: