Monday, August 6, 2007

Fri August 3, 2007 - Day 42

Greetings from the trail,

Today was my last day of making actual progress on the trail before returning home for my sister's wedding.

Just past my campsite, the trail had a sign posted that said it was closed to all traffic. I can't say why this was, but I figured I'd follow along so I hiked up the hill to highway 33 nearby. I decided to follow along the highway instead of wasting time trying to get back onto the trail further down the road. I followed it the rest of the way to Beaverdell ~18km.

The road has regular traffic, but is not nearly as busy as highway 3. It was tucked in behind a mountain which provided shade for most of the morning. By the end of the day, I was ready to be done and was glad to see Beaverdell up the road. I had a great feeling of accomplishment having made it to this interim point of the trip and am now looking forward to making my way home to spend some time with my family and let my body recover from the past 6 weeks.

See you in Alberta,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: