Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tue July 17, 2007 - Day 25

Greetings from the trail,

Today is a rest day. The past five days have taken their toll in the heat of the sun. I only walked a short distance across town to a campground. The hostel I stayed in was decent, but would have made leaving early tomorrow difficult.

I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. It was pretty decent and had some impressive special effects. I was most intrigued by the portrayal of Luna Lovegood. In the audio books, her character's voice and deliver are very unbelievable. I think I liked the movie character better as she seemed almost believable. Anyhow, it was nice to watch a movie.

I'm currently waiting for my laundry to finish. It'll be nice not to smell of rancidness for a change. I've done my best to keep things clean and fresh. Washing in a stream just doesn't cut it really.

The rest of the day will be spent hiding in the shade. My aunt Shirley will be driving to Airdrie, AB from Mission, BC and is planning to follow highway 3 so she can stop in Creston and meet me here. I expect to see her around supper time this evening. It'll be nice to see someone I know.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: