Monday, August 6, 2007

Mon July 30, 2007 - Day 38

Greetings from the trail,

As I wrote about a few days ago, I originally imagined the TCT differently than reality has presented so far. Most of today was pretty close to my original conception.

I started off on a bad foot by trying to match my book to the town to find the start of the trail out of town. After mucking around a bit and asking for directions, I was off for another day.

The trail continued up all day, but with the grade so low I barely noticed. A few hours in, I was on a cliff side overlooking the valley. The trail was reasonably well-covered by trees and made for a very pleasant hike.

I went through my first two tunnels today and was impressed by their size. It was very dark in the middle. I'm camping just east of the historic site of the former town called Eholt.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: