Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Friday, August 17, 2007 - Day 44

Greetings from the trail,

This morning I was still slightly sore, but certainly ready for another day on the trail. The trail climbed gradually, but continually without any detours today. Today was the closest attempt ever to follow my original hiking pattern. I decided it would be best to walk 1 hour, rest 15 minutes, walk 1 hour, ...

With a clear grasp of today's distance and the security of a continuous trail, I predicted the end of my walking at 1:30pm. It came as a surprise (and a welcome one) that I arrived at about 1:00pm. Clearly I was making slightly better than 4km/hour.

Other than some good views across the valley, the trail today was quite ordinary. My struggle to regain my trail form is not quite over, as I was hurting in the later half of the day. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: