Monday, August 6, 2007

Wed August 1, 2007 - Day 40

Greetings from the trail,

After tonight's sleep I'll have been out here 40 days and 40 nights. That's a long time!

Today I reached the heart of the territory of selfish land owners. This is where one owner bulldozed over the public right-of-way running through his property and placed signs telling travellers to go around on the road. This was at least better than the owner who placed a large fence across the trail with no signage whatsoever. I was forced to cut across his neighbor's private land to work my way around. According to the book, there's a few similar situations just north of here as it advises an alternate route along the highway.

I continued past Rock Creek and into Kettle River Provincial Park. My feet are killing me, but I must press on to catch my bus in Beaverdell.

I got the last campsite of the day today. Numbered for Sidney Crosby, site #87 is nowhere near as impressive as the player. It didn't matter much as I spent the later part of the day swimming in the river waiting for the sun to go down so I could go to sleep.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: