Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thu July 19, 2007 - Day 27

Greetings from the trail,

Today started out great. It rained overnight and continued to lightly sprinkle in the morning. The rain made the entire forest smell and look richer and thicker than it had before. The mist hung low and covered some of the trees. I love that.

Along my trek I've climbed a number of hills. The particularly long or steep ones I've called "the hill of death" as I struggled toward the top. None compare to today's hill of death. It started right out of camp and hasn't ended yet. There have been grades as high as 8% and the hill kept going up all day. Even with the hill I made ~22km today, so I'm quite proud of myself.

With hills come great views. I've seen a lot of them today looking across the valley and down toward Summit Creek, which runs beside the highway.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: