Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fri August 31, 2007 - Day 58

Greetings from the trail,

I did not sleep well last night. I just couldn't shut my mind off. I wasn't even thinking of anything specific; my mind was just wandering from subject to subject on its own. Finally at 3:30am I'd had enough. The moon was bright, so I packed up my camp and started walking.

The trail continued along the road for 3 hours before becoming one of my "ideal" trails. Whoever was in charge of TCT signs along that section was a little bit sign-happy. There was a sign every 50m or so, even though the trail was quite obvious. I'd rather have that than the usual case of no signs whatsoever.

I left the pipeline road without meeting any vehicles at all. The trail then followed by the highway for a while before cutting down a steep hill by the river. That's where I'm camped today.

Apparently, the guy in charge of station names along the old KVR was a fan of William Shakespeare. All the stations around here are named for his characters. There's Romeo, Juliet, Portia, Othello, and many more like them. I guess it does add an interesting touch.

Lastly, it seems I'm moving too fast. My parents want to join me at the finish on the weekend of the 15th. However, at the pace I'm going, I'll be done by then. I guess that means I can slow down and take it easy.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: