Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wednesday August 22, 2007 - Day 49

Greetings from the trail,

I knew it was coming when I checked into the hostel yesterday - today was a late start. It wasn't too bad though, as I got on the road by 8:00am. Luckily, the day wasn't too hot, so it was better than it might have been.

After struggling up a reasonable hill, I found the trail heading north on the west side of the lake. I continued on for about two and a half hours before crossing the Trout Creek Trestle. After that, the trail disappeared and I was left with the country roads out of Summerland.

I made my way into town and stopped at the corner market for one of my best snacks of the trip. I bought a 1L bottle of locally produced milk and a fresh local peach. Both lived up to my lofty expectations.

After that, I continued west out of town, and am about to set up another bush camp for tonight.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: