Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thursday August 23, 2007 - Day 50

Greetings from the trail,

Today I am officially in the middle of nowhere. I'm not quite half way between Summerland and Princeton. It's hard to say precisely where I am, because there haven't been any landmarks since I crossed a trestle earlier in the day.

It's amazing how one's predictions change based on one's current feelings. Before Penticton, I tried to predict my final arrival in Vancouver and was convinced I'd struggle to make it before the 25th. I just completed another look through with a very cocky attitude and said I "could" make it by the 10th. I'm quite sure that will not be the case. However, making it in on my birthday is not out of the question.

Anyhow, today was another 6 - hour day at 20km. The next major stop is Princeton. Until then, I plan to enjoy the night sky, which was particularly spectacular last night.

See you on the trail,
Joshua Ganes

No comments: