Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thu September 6, 2007 - Day 64

Greetings from the trail,

After nearly killing myself getting out of my ordeal on Tuesday, I got to my grandparents' place and took a much-needed day off. It was nice to relax - especially when my legs were like jelly.

Today I started out bright and early in Hope. My grandpa drove me out to pick up the trail where I walked through town. It was annoying to give up on two days' progress, but at least I didn't feel like I was repeating work.

After walking out of town, I crossed the might Fraser River. This is one thing I was glad to do. The official TCT crosses it on a ferry. That hardly qualifies as walking.

The rest of the day was a long, but easy walk along highway 7 to the town of Agassiz. I'm staying here with some relatives - Jim and Twylla and their son Bob. They have been very hospitable and welcoming. I'm certainly glad to be done with camping.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: