Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fri September 7, 2007 - Day 65

Greetings from the trail,

After a very enjoyable stay in Agassiz, I set out again for another long day. Now that I'm in range, I'm able to travel lighter and to walk farther. Instead of 50+ lbs, I'm now carrying about 5lbs. Instead of walking 20km, I'm now aiming for 30km.

A short while after heading out, I ran into the big challenge of the day. I first had to navigate a narrow bridge construction area. I then was faced with a 12% grade to climb.

Other than those challenges, there was not too much excitement to speak of. I made it to the small town of Deroche where I was picked up by my grandparents. Mostly, I'm excited to be in familiar surroundings. Tomorrow I should make my old home town of Mission.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: