Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tue September 11, 2007 - Day 69

Greetings from the trail,

Looking at the West Coast Express schedule, I was forced to make today a shorter day than I wanted to. My only two options were to walk to Port Moody, or to continue all the way to downtown Vancouver if I wanted to take the train back to Mission tonight. As downtown Vancouver was about 40km away, it didn't seem like a great idea. As such, I caught the last train out for the morning.

I continued along highway 7 for the first part of the morning before crossing the Pitt River on the Pitt River Bridge. (Imagine that). After that I took a detour around some serious construction and then followed less busy roads through town heading west.

At the end of the day I came to a beautiful park right by the Port Moody Arm which comes in from the Ocean. I had to walk down to the water and take a small taste. Yes, it was salty. I walked from Alberta to salt water from the Pacific. I stood around at the end of the pier taking in the sights and smells of the ocean for quite some time. It was a truly gorgeous day.

After another bus ride, I'm back in Mission, anxious for tomorrow when I should reach Vancouver. It's hard to believe I'm here.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: