Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sun September 2, 2007 - Day 60

Greetings from the trail,

Today was another day of truly fantastic sights. It was also special, as I had company for the trip today. I didn't even have to carry my pack the whole time. Thanks Aaron.

The day started with a walk through the Othello Tunnels, which run through a beautiful, narrow canyon. The trail continued through the forest all the way to Hope. We stopped there to grab a bite before continuing.

The next section was a little busier, but still quite scenic. Thanks to Aaron's excellent navigational skills we all forded the Silverhope creek to get back on track. Well done Aaron! :)

The final section was a long climb up to Silver Lake. It's a very pretty lake with a nice-looking campground nearby. That's where my company left me, while I decided to press on a little further.

I walked down a trail that began to bog down and become overgrown. It got to the point where I was fighting my way through, before I ran into a patch o nettles. This is one of the rare times I've had to make a major track back. I'm camped near Silver Lake again, and plan to get on the right road tomorrow.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: