Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sat September 8, 2007 - Day 66

Greetings from the trail,

This morning my cousin Matt and his wife dropped me off at Deroche on their way out to Alberta. From there I had a long walk into Mission. I caught a few great views of the Westminster Abbey up on the hill from the distance. After 4 hours I had climbed some hills and made it into Mission itself.

Seeing as I was in the neighbourhood, I saw fit to stop in and visit some friends along the way. It was a nice way to catch a rest. It felt great to pop in and surprise people with my "just in your area" walk.

After spending some time in town, I continued on my way to my grandparents place north of the city. As I was walking about 2-3km from their door, the Stahli family happened to be driving by in their boat. They invited me along, so I left the trail to go for an afternoon of fun.

I had a great time out on Stave Lake. There's some beautiful views there, and it was just nice to have something different to do for a change. Later in the day, I even tried riding the inner tube behind the boat. As it turns out, that was a bad choice. It left my shoulders very sore at the end of the day.

They dropped me off at my grandparents' place, which I still have not quite reached. I plan to take an easy day tomorrow and simply finish the remaining distance to here.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: