Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tue September 4, 2007 - Day 62

Greetings from the trail,

Today turned into the biggest disaster of the trip. It started well enough as I continued my climb up to the pass. I was a couple more TCT signs along my way to let me know I was on the right track. After a steady climb for a couple hours I reached the peak of the pass.

There, the road simply ended. I could find no trace of any trail among the clear-cut patch of forest. There were no signs to point the way. I spend about 30 minutes exploring everything that looked even slightly like a trail with no luck.

I finally conceded defeat and turned back down the mountain. It was after noon when I reached the main road again, and another hour before I hitched a ride. Luckily, the driver was going near Abbotsford; not too far from my grandparents' place.

I'm now sitting in McDonald's waiting for my grandpa to pick me up. Needless to say, I'm frustrated with my situation. I'm anxious to find another way into Vancouver, but don't want to burden my family more than necessary. At least finishing too early doesn't seem like such a problem any longer.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: